Why is the page number "32" circled?
Using what we learn from the Otherworld Language Lesson, we can assign "sounds" to the Foxfire Pictographs shown on page 33.
This is definitely going up on my wall.
Instructions from Elin
Elin explains a ritual involving the brightstone (the stone token we received in Episode 2).
Once deciphered, the otherworld language words read:
It appears there is yet a third piece that is long since lost.
Letter from Museum Curator
June explains the theory of what actually happened to David Griffith.
She gives us a hint toward how to use Elin's magic.
Letter from Museum Director
We get our next assignment location.
We are directed on how to access our next assignment on the Cooper Heritage Center website.
Message from David
This was produced by June's printer all on its own.
June believed it to be a message from David, but couldn't find anything significant.
Shining the black light received in Episode 1 on the back of the bottom half reveals messages in the otherworld language.
Once deciphered, the messages read:
- "I'M GETTING BETTER AT THIS. MY SHADOW AND THE SOUND OF MY FOOTSTEPS CAN CRAWL OVER TO YOUR SIDE. SOMETIMES MY WORDS. IT'S HARDER TO SHIFT MY BODY."
- "I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE CROSSING OVER. THE DARKNESS IS RACING AGAINST ME, AND IT'S WINNING. I'M SO TIRED. BUT I WON'T GIVE UP, BECAUSE SHE'S WAITING FOR ME. FIND ELIN. SHE CAN HELP BOTH OF US."
This is to be used in conjunction with Elin's spell.
Otherworld Language Lesson
By studying and completing this lesson, we can learn the secret code used by David Griffith and Elin.
- 4 - Y-OOH M-UUH-S-T UH-V-OY-D OW-UH-R AH-D D-IH-L-AIT-T-S AH-N-D S-T-R-AY-N-J T-R-EH-ZH-UH-R-Z
- 5 - TH-UH CH-AHH-R-M-Z W-IH-TH-IH-N TH-UH P-IH-T SH-AH-L B-ER-R-TH P-AH-SH-UH-N-UH-T H-AY-T (THE CHARMS WITHIN THE PIT SHALL BIRTH PASSIONATE HATE)
Apparently, part of the message in #5 was cut off in my copy, since according to the recaps, there is more to the message...
- ... H-AY-T, F-OW-L TH-UH M-AI-N-D, AH-N-D K-IH-L AW-L IH-N-UH-R G-EUH-D (... HATE, FOUL THE MIND, AND KILL INNER GOOD)
Using what we learn here, we can go back to items from previous episodes to decode messages.
In the profile of David Griffith from Episode 1, the words can be decoded as:
On the miner's postcard from Episode 2, the message can be decoded as:
- "I'VE BEEN WATCHING YOU A LONG TIME. I NEED THE TOKEN. THE EXPLOSION DOESN'T HOLD A CANDLE TO THE DISASTER HEADING YOUR WAY. GET IT TO ME NOW."
This is the seemingly useless scrap of paper.
Upon shining the black light over it, part of a symbol will be revealed.
- This will not become fruitful until further into the season.