Class of '98
Crime Scene Description
This gives us more detail of the crime scene.
- Charles' vehicle was left with the keys in the ignition, engine running, headlights and interior lights left on, and the passenger-side door left open.
- Empty (alcohol?) bottles and other used items were found in the area.
- Footsteps leading away from the vehicle are a long stride, indicating a tall individual.
- Aura McBride claimed she saw Charles MacDonagh alive approximately one hour prior to Deputy James Goff arriving on the scene to interview her (approximately 9:39 PM).
- No persons other than Aura McBride (who called in the crime) were found at the scene.
- Charles was found slumped in the driver's seat of his vehicle with obvious bruising and abrasions around the neck (strangulation).
High School Yearbook
This must have been a very small class...
- There were only 40 graduates in the entire class.
We can get an idea of what our prime suspects looked like in their formative years from this yearbook.
At the top of the last page of signatures, a message is revealed when illuminated by a blacklight:
- "I'll keep the biz runnin while you're away."
- I could not make a definitive match to the handwriting styles of any of the signatures.
- Almost sounds like Charlie was dealing in high school. He did become a pharmacist, after all...
By incomplete, Michelle means incomplete...
She only provides us the times the school reunion started and ended and the estimated time of Charlie's death.
Although I will say, this gives us a nice premise of how to outline our timeline in the notebook HaK provided us.
This clarifies that Michelle Gray had the sheriff's permission to conduct a search and seizure of Charlie MacDonagh's residence and property.
This is a neat little souvenir from the high school reunion or just a gift from HaK. Either way, it's nifty.
Letter from Private Investigator
This is a letter from Michelle Gray of Gray Investigations.
We are introduced to some details of the crime.
Victim: Charles MacDonagh, Pharmacist of Chestnut Falls, Illinois.
Murdered on the night of his high school reunion.
Michelle gives us a list of suspects.
Michelle reveals a website she has made for us.
Letter from Sheriff
This is a memo from Sheriff Stephen Navarro to Michelle Gray.
He assigned her to the case because she knows the town better than any stranger would.
Map of Chestnut Falls
This map may prove helpful in marking places and people's locations.
This article was written by Neeta Patel, one of our prime suspects.
The Chicago Pulp...
- What a name for a newspaper...
Neeta reveals ill feelings toward the sheriff bringing in Michelle instead of letting the "system do their job".
Aura claims Artie (Arthur Hughes) is one of the people with whom she helped clean.
She cleaned the gym while he cleaned the cafeteria across the hall.
Aura claims she finished cleaning up the reunion a little after 9:45 PM.
She said she noticed a missed call from Susan (Li) and headed over to Susan's clinic.
She recounts how she found Charlie's body on her way to Susan's clinic.
Arthur states he was busy cleaning up after the reunion until 9:45 PM, which corroborates with Aura's end time.
Arthur is the one who organized the class reunion.
He admits he didn't see much of Aura, as he was cleaning a different area of the school.
He had to stay a few minutes longer to tidy up the janitor's closet, yet still made it to the Taverna right around 10:00 PM.
According to Arthur, when he reached the bar around 10:00 PM, only Antonio Villar was there.
Susan states that she showed up to the reunion on time but left early due to concerns about a lawsuit she is involved in.
The rest of her accounts corroborate with Aura's.
Gavin is very elusive. He doesn't give much detail in the way of anything, except that he left the reunion at 9:00 PM to go to his hotel.
He states he left the hotel to go to the diner.
- Now, is it a bar or a diner where everyone was to meet at 10:00 PM? Perhaps a bar and grill.
Gavin states that Nicholas Matsoukas showed up shortly after he did. Nic's parents arrived before Nic did.
- There is no witness statement from Nicholas Matsoukas.
Antonio states he left for the reunion at about 5:45 PM.
He left the reunion at about 9:00 PM and sat in the parking lot for a while.
- He claims to have seen Charlie drive off with someone, but he doesn't know for sure.
He says he arrived at the diner too early, that he was the first one there.
- This lines up with what Arthur Hughes stated in his witness statement.