Laila informs us that we are now officially on the Council.
Oswald's real name is revealed to be Theodore Markson. He has finally been exiled, so we won't need to worry about him anymore.
Since we are the deciding vote on the "lock-in" decision, I wonder if we can sway it one way or the other for various outcomes.
- Or will we be given only one path so that we all come to the same solution regardless?
- I kind of like the sound of that...
Our new number is A117, as we have been promoted.
- Be sure to use this instead of C117 to login on the website. *I was struggling for a bit trying to figure out why the password would not work, because I was trying to login before reading this item... I was, like, "For fork's sake..."
This is the NACS facility logo.
Council Vote Reminder
This tells us that voting is mandatory, not a choice.
- It also references our new upgraded number: A117.
This is a notice to the residents of the NACS facility on the decision to exile Oswald, whose true name is revealed to be Theodore Markson.
Well, for his sake, he'd better hope that Persephone was correct and he doesn't get infected while out in the open.
Theodore Markson stole this from the real Oswald. Laila found this in his personal effects.
The cards are badly bloodied up and tarnished.
- Notice how the profile picture is completely obliterated, making it easier for Markson to impersonate Oswald.
Note the badge number in the top-left corner:
Jordan is taking a crew and leaving the facility to start anew.
- They had to leave empty-handed? They couldn't even get a to-go bag of supplies?
It does seem that the outside is getting better and the virus is dissipating.
- I believe Jordan will be just fine if she steers clear of the aliens themselves, if they are still around...
Jordan's sign-off references "beginnings".
- This is hinting at a hidden message within her letter.
- Read only the beginning letters of her sentences.
- Each paragraph is equal to one word.
Once deciphered, the hidden message reads:
- "I have supplies. Join me on surface."
Laila decided to share her findings with the public.
On the backside, there appears to be yet another blueprint/schematic of some sort... Lovely.
This card references Rule #5.
- Shift the letters back by 5.
Once deciphered, the password is:
I wonder who Alan Turing is...
This is actually a puzzle tube rather than a box... but I digress.
According to Laila, Theodore Markson, a.k.a. Oswald, had PATRICIA print this out for him.
- Hmm, I wonder what the significance could be and what we'll find when we solve it...
Wow, that was a "bench" and a half to solve... but a lot of fun once I knew what I was doing.
Once the inner cylinder is removed, there is a piece of paper at the bottom inside with numbers written on it in Oswald's handwriting:
Using the "36" etched on the back of the stopwatch as a base, this message can be decoded.
Once decoded, the message reads:
This is the password for the restricted file on the NACS website.
Laila found this in Theodore Markson's, a.k.a. Oswald's, personal effects.
Take note of the etching on the back of the stopwatch:
- "...said #36"
This is used to decipher a message found elsewhere in this episode.
It is also used to solve the string of numbers from the manifesto we received in Episode 4.
- This is clued in by the "Tick, tick, tick..."
Once decoded, the manifesto message reads:
- "I ALREADY HAVE ACCESS TO HER ORIGINAL PROGRAMMING."
- "WHOEVER CONTROLS PATRICIA CONTROLS HUMANITY. LET THIS BE A LESSON TO WHOEVER STANDS IN MY WAY. LET THIS BE THE RISING ACTION, THE MOMENTS THAT FALL LIKE DOMINOES THAT WERE ALWAYS MEANT TO BE. FAILURE HERE MEANS NOTHING. I WILL NEVER STOP."